To ensure safe and economic operation of the tower crane for a longer service life, it must be properly maintained and lubricated.
1) Keep the crane constantly clean.
2) Check speed reducers for oil quantity. Fill oil in time.
3) Check wire ropes at different positions for looseness, breakage or being worn-out. Change defective ropes as required as per relevant stipulations.
4) Check brakes for performance and clearance to ensure reliable sensitivity.
5) Check safety-protecting devices for reliable sensitivity.
6) Check bolt connections. Re-tighten the bolts once again when they have been used for a certain period of time.
7) Check steel rope head clamp and clips for loose status. Tighten them if loosened.
8) Reject steel ropes, drums, pulleys and hoisting hooks strictly according to the relevant stipulations.
9) Check the rods, web rods and welds of metal structure members for fractures and fissures. Pay special attention to the positions where the paints are peeled. The most dangerous is that the paint is striped(in 45 oblique strings. Trace the cause immediately and dress the issue in time.
10) Inspect the connecting bolts and nuts of tower sections, including the connection of undercarriage tower section and undercarriage. The parts with the diameter of connecting pin bolts of more than 20 are specially-made, no substitutes shall be replaced under any conditions. Each bolt shall be tightened with two nuts for the installation of tower sections.
11) Conduct rust removing and painting of the whole tower crane and its metal mechanisms after completion of their each use in a project.
12) The hoist height limiter should be adjusted again after the rope serves for a period of time.
13) Check if the electrics connectors are oxidized or burned-down. Repair or replace any poor connectors.
14) No function failures of limit switches and push buttons. Replace rusted or damaged parts in time.
15) Ensure that the insulation of electric switches to switch panels meet the relevant requirements, with insulation resistance no less than 0.5M.
16) Check if the bolts connecting electric components are loosened: Check power cables and other conducting wires for fractures. Remove the trouble if any.